Metro Phoenix Chapter APA – August Meeting
August 15, 2017
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Notetaker: Courtney Buchanan, Secretary
New members: Sharon Blagrove, from Amex; Lori Socharski, from Honeywell
Vice president position is open, the vp schedules the speakers
Charmaine presenting from Symmetry
September is the membership renewal, pay online, pay at next meeting, $50.00
National Payroll Week – the week in which Labor Day falls
Jo McCoy, Government Liaison, provided updates:
- The national APA is seeking volunteers for the Hotline service referrals, you can choose which area in which you are a subject matter expert
- There is a new I9, which was published in July. The old one can be used until September 18th at which point you must use the new form.
- The treasury is ending the MyRA program soon, due to lack of interest
- Reminder from the IRS to have employees check withholding amounts
- IRS clarified the guidelines on 941X, the only valid reason that qualifies as “administrative error” is transposition or simple math errors, computation errors.
Charmaine Gurulè, a developer with Symmetry, home of Paycheck City, presented her topic, “Visualizing Taxation”
At the close of the meeting, Milinda Goodman, Treasurer, advised any members that may have had had their PayPal payment returned for May that she can take the payment today.