Payroll Tax Manager
Jaclyn Babb with the Lucas Group has an immediate opening for a Payroll Manager with a rapidly growing company in Northwest Phoenix where your input and contributions are highly valued. Must have 7+ years’ experience with high volume employer (800+ employees); looking for ADP and Kronos experience.
Interests can email me their resume at email@example.com for immediate consideration!
Vensure – Mesa, AZ
Department – Payroll
Job Status – Regular, Full-Time
FLSA Status – Exempt
Salary Range – Market Competitive, DOE
Amount of Travel Required – 15%
Work Schedule – Monday – Friday
Supervisory Responsibilities – Yes
About VenSure Employer Services
As a leader in the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) industry, VenSure Employer Services provides innovative solutions for our modern clients. At VenSure Employer Services, our highly trained staff and proven technology enables us to provide risk management, payroll, employee benefits and human resources administrative services efficiently and at a lower cost to our clients. VenSure assists with the responsibilities of managing your workers’ compensation, payroll, tax preparation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), insurance, unemployment claims, payroll taxes and all other employee-related issues, freeing up your time to manage your business. To learn more, visit http://Vensure.com
How to Apply
Click here, follow the instructions to upload a resume, and complete the submission process to indicate your interest in this position.
We are seeking a Payroll Tax Manager to join our team in the East Valley; this position would manage the payroll tax department. Responsibilities would include handling federal, state, and local payroll tax compliance, preparation of various payroll tax payments and returns, as well as working directly with client to resolve tax related issues. We are committed to providing quality service to our clients and are dedicated to our loyal staff. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits package.
Primary Job Duties
Ensure that the organization is in compliance with federal, state and local tax regulations by performing periodic audits, as well as organizing and maintaining tax records
Resolve payroll tax discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and making changes
Manage and update payroll tax system
Maintain professional and technical payroll tax knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
Research payroll laws and regulations at the federal, state and local level as needed
Process and maintain payroll tax payments and returns for the organization which includes reconciliations
Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Oversee staff operations, business planning and budget development of HR programs.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of payroll tax and the regulatory environment, which includes federal, multi-state, and local tax regulations as well as the ability to read, understand, and analyze highly complex regulatory payroll tax information
Ability to communicate complex payroll tax information to all levels of the organization and clients
Working knowledge of payroll software systems to prepare and process payroll tax requirements
Interpret and analyze complex data, make determinations free from immediate direction, and ensure that payroll taxes are appropriately processed
Experience in processing tax filings and payments via e-file, mag media and EFT debit and credit, including conversions
Must be results-oriented and able to perform multiple projects or tasks in a timely and effective manner
Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
Minimum of 4 years multi-state, multi-jurisdiction and high volume payroll tax experience
Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or related industry experience preferred
MasterTax and HR Pyramid software experience a plus
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Supplemental products available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VenSure Employer Services has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
We are searching for the right candidate to join our team as a Payroll Manager for our Corporate Office located in Scottsdale, AZ.
• Responsible for all aspects of processing bi-weekly payroll
• Audits bi-weekly payroll to ensure accuracy.
• Works collaboratively with the Corporate People Services Team and division representatives to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
• Identify payroll vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement
• Hires, trains, supervises, and motivates staff; manages schedule(s) and workflow.
• Oversees accurate and timely client payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, fringe benefits, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
• Oversees the review, verification, and processing of payroll data.
• Oversees the processing of manual checks as necessary.
• Responds to escalated payroll-related inquiries including but not limited to payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications; resolves employee issues.
• Performs all year-end payroll activities to ensure a smooth transition on W-2 reporting and the New Year payroll processing worker’s compensation audit.
• Supports all payroll activities for acquisitions to ensure a smooth transition.
• Complete projects, special assignments and other duties as required.
• Prepares various payroll reports, from routine to complex, for Corporate HR and division offices.
• Maintains accurate ADP employee files and payroll records.
• Distributes ADP payroll reports.
• Handles calls, emails, and daily tasks relating to payroll issues, including verifications of employment.
• Ensures regulatory compliance and all other related payroll policies and procedures.
• Works well in team environment, forming a partnership with customers, and delivers world-class customer service.
• Model integrity and be seen as widely-trusted, direct, truthful and credible.
• Minimum 5+ years ADP.
• Experience with tax processing for equity compensation required.
• CPP strongly preferred.
• Workday experience preferred.
• Knowledge of multi-state payroll tax laws.
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Self motivated.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Strong computer skills with extensive working knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office software.
• Must be able to plan and organize workload appropriately to meet deadlines.
• Management experience desired.